Starts AUG 1 2023
In this course, you will gain the knowledge and skills needed to use respiratory protection and conduct qualitative fit testing (QLFT) within your workplace as required by legislation and outlined by CSA Standard Z94 4-18.
This course is made up of three components.
1. eLearning: This 2-hour module covers the rationale and requirements for an effective respiratory protection program, fit testing, and respirator selection, use and care. This module must be completed prior to progressing to Part 2.
2. Instructor-Led Session: In this 45-minute live synchronous session, learners come prepared with a suitable partner and the necessary equipment to apply their knowledge and demonstrate proper donning and doffing of the N95 respirator, user seal check, comfort assessment and fit testing.
3. Final Evaluation: After completing parts 1 and 2, participants must score 75% or higher on the evaluation to become a fit tester.
This course is applicable to the healthcare sector, as well as to other sectors where respiratory protection is required, and covers:
• The importance of fit testing and respiratory protection programs
• Implications of the routes of transmission of aerosols and bioaerosols
• Legislative requirements and standards related to infectious diseases and respiratory protection programs
• Types of particulate respirators and their selection, use, care and limitations
• Required elements of an effective respiratory protection program
• How to perform qualitative fit testing (QLFT)