Starts JUNE 28 2023
This one-day course helps supervisors build a toolkit of resources to support healthy, safe and successful stay-at-work and return-to-work following an absence due to a mental health condition.
This course will teach you:
• The impact of occupational stress injury (OSI) and other mental conditions, including signs and symptoms and how to support workers
• A non-clinical understanding of the mental health continuum
• Factors that improve or inhibit a person’s ability to stay at work or successfully return to work following an absence due to mental injury or illness, including the impact stigma can have on help-seeking behaviours, Stay at Work and Return to Work
• Legislation and policies that can impact the Stay at Work and Return to Work process
• How to build an individualized toolkit that can be used in the workplace to support successful Stay at Work or Return to Work, including communication and reintegration strategies for workers with a focus on supervisor actions
• How to take proactive steps as an organization to support positive mental health in the workplace
• Considerations for disability management and the benefits of a successful Return to Work process/program
Who should take this course?
This course is applicable to supervisors and Union representatives in healthcare organizations within the province of Ontario.